Land Mount Installation
Installation Instructions: 12-volt Illuminator—Land Mount
Warning – Risk of Electric Shock
- Read these instructions completely before proceeding with the installation of NightOrbs™.
- This fixture must be installed in compliance with local, state, and national electrical codes.
- Modifying the fixture or failing to follow the manufacturer’s instructions will automatically void the warranty.
- The warranty will not cover fixture failures resulting from poor installation.
It is the responsibility of the installer to:
- Ensure the fixture is grounded in accordance with applicable local, state, and national electrical codes.
- Determine the correct fixture voltage-watts combination; 12 volts and the wattage should not exceed the transformer capability.
- Instruct the owner on the required action for changing the xenon bulb.
- Install all luminaires 10 feet (3.05 m) or more from a pool, spa, or fountain.
- Verify that the power cable installed conforms to local and National Codes.
Ground installation of NightOrbs™: For Outdoor Use Only
Disconnect the transformer from the electrical supply before installation or service to prevent electrical shock. A Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) must protect the transformer used. Use 12 volts, Xelogen type 20 watt.
The NightOrb™ Illuminator comes pre-assembled with a base, lamp, wiring, stem, and anchor. To install:
- Select the desired location for installing each NightOrb™.
- Dig a 3″ wide by 3″ deep hole. Drive the anchor into the ground with a wooden or rubber mallet, ensuring the anchor goes in straight. The top of the anchor should be level with the ground or slightly below.
- Thread NightOrb™ wiring into the anchor and out of the hole 2″ below the top of the anchor.
- Insert NightOrb™ stem into the anchor and tighten, using the Allen wrench provided.
- Strip the two leads from the NightOrb™ wire and connect each lead by soldering wires to the main supply cable. Cap and seal each lead with a silicone-filled safety connector.
- Low voltage cables shall be protected by routing in close proximity to the luminaire or next to a building structure. The cable should be buried not more than 6″ deep.
- After all, fixtures have been wired, attach the supply line to the proper transformer.
NOTE: The wiring supplied is 36″ 16-2 underground burial wire and should be buried a maximum of 6″ to connect to the main supply cable.
CAUTION: Be careful not to overload the transformer. The recommended transformer to install is a Cast “Master Series” Multitap Transformer (www.castlighting.com).
NightOrbs™ use state-of-the-art Xelogen lamps, which have an average life span of 20,000 hours, depending on bulb wattage. To replace the lamp:
- Modern Xelogen lamps used by NightOrbsTM have an average lifespan of 20,000 hours, depending on bulb power. Changing the lamp:
- By releasing the 5/64 set screw in section B of the base, you can take out the NightOrbTM. (Use the supplied Allen wrench.)
- With one hand, hold the base firmly in place. With the other, keep the stem firmly in place. Now raise the base and orb to reveal the Xelogen lamp by pulling and twisting them.
- Replace the lamp first, then connect the NightOrbTM after removing it.
- Now re-plug the NightOrbTM into operation.