Installation Instructions: 12-volt Illuminator
Warning – Risk of Electric Shock
Do not allow WaterOrb™ to freeze in water; remove for winter if water is at risk for freezing.
The WaterOrb™ Illuminators are pre-assembled and ready to install.
- Use only in ponds and small decorative fountains where persons will immerse no more than their hands and lower arms while the product is energized. WaterOrbs™ can be used on land or used as hanging orbs.
- Do not use in water intended for swimming, wading, immersion, or bathing.
- Low voltage circuit must be supplied by a power unit marked as suitable for supplying submersible luminaries.
- Select the desired location for installing your WaterOrb™, place in water location. Note: when transporting the WaterOrb™ from one place to another, always firmly support the orb; do not carry WaterOrb™ by its underground/water cable.
- Power unit must be supplied by a circuit protected by a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter. (GFCI).
- Run the water cable to the transformer or power supply, and connect.
- Finally, plug in transformer and turn on.
- First, turn off transformer completely.
- Remove WaterOrb™ from water and towel dry to remove excess water; base also can be cleaned with Windex® and a Scotch-Brite™ pad.
- Unscrew (counter clockwise) nylon nut with adjustable wrench. Remove nylon connector from metal base to reveal bulb.
- Pull out bulb and replace with a new one, same wattage as old bulb.
- Wrap plastic threads with Teflon® tape at least three or four revolutions to insure water-tight seal.
- Screw nylon connector back into stainless steel plate, making sure the threads screw in evenly and properly to avoid leakage. Tighten snugly with adjustable wrench.
- Place WaterOrb™ back in water. It is now ready to be plugged back into service