Installation Instructions: 12-volt Illuminator
Warning – Risk of Electric Shock
Do not allow WaterOrb™ to freeze in water; remove for winter if water is at risk for freezing.
The WaterOrb™ Illuminators are pre-assembled and ready to install.
- Use only in ponds and small decorative fountains where persons will immerse no more than their hands and lower arms while the product is energized. WaterOrbs™ can be used on land or used as hanging orbs.
- Do not use water intended for swimming, wading, immersion, or bathing.
- A power unit suitable for supplying submersible luminaries must supply a low-voltage circuit.
- Select the desired location for installing your WaterOrb™, and place it in the water location. Note: when transporting the WaterOrb™ from one place to another, always firmly support the orb; do not carry WaterOrb™ by its underground/water cable.
- A circuit protected by a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter must supply the power unit. (GFCI).
- Run the water cable to the transformer or power supply, and connect.
- Finally, plug in the transformer and turn it on.
- First, turn off the transformer completely.
- Remove WaterOrb™ from the water and towel dry to remove excess water; the base also can be cleaned with Windex® and a Scotch-Brite™ pad.
- Unscrew (counterclockwise) the nylon nut with an adjustable wrench. Remove the nylon connector from the metal base to reveal the bulb.
- Pull out the bulb and replace it with a new one with the same wattage as the old one.
- Wrap plastic threads with Teflon® tape at least three or four revolutions to ensure a watertight seal.
- Screw the nylon connector back into the stainless steel plate, ensuring the threads screw in evenly and properly to avoid leakage. Tighten snugly with an adjustable wrench.
- Place WaterOrb™ back in the water. It is now ready to be plugged back into the service